Excel VBA UserForms in in Mac OS X

  1. #1
    BdP
    Guest

    Excel VBA UserForms in in Mac OS X

    I've created an Excel workbook with several userforms and macros, and need it
    to run on a Mac running Excel X. When I open the workbook in Excel X on the
    Mac, and open the VBA Editor, none of my forms show up - as if the VBA
    project contained no userforms at all - and executing the code to load and
    show the forms causes an error.

    I've read that the Mac version of Excel doesn't support ActiveX controls.
    My question is: is there a way to build a userform in Excel VBA (in Windows)
    using controls that aren't ActiveX controls? Or is ActiveX all there is for
    building userforms in Excel VBA? I've seen people say to use the controls
    from the Forms toolbar in Excel, but I don't want to add controls to the
    workbook, I want to add them to a userform (if this makes any sense).

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Excel VBA UserForms in in Mac OS X

    try using the old dialog sheets with forms controls.

    Otherwise, ask in a mac office group - you might get a better answer.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Excel VBA UserForms in in Mac OS X

    Only use those control that are marked as part Microsoft Forms.
    You can see if you right-click on the Toolbox Controls>Additional
    Controls...
    The items that checked are currently displayed on the Toolbox.

    NickHK