Change the default respond in method DIsplayAlert

  1. #1

    Change the default respond in method DIsplayAlert

    when i use DisplayAlert = False, can i change the default respond to
    other choice rather than the default choice by Excel?

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Change the default respond in method DIsplayAlert

    Hi Raizwai,

    I do not beleive that you can change the default alerts.

    You could however add your own messages and responses, e.g.:

    '=============>>
    Public Sub Tester001()
    Dim WB As Workbook
    Dim res As VbMsgBoxResult

    Set WB = Workbooks("YourBook.xls")

    Application.DisplayAlerts = False

    If Not WB.Saved Then
    res = MsgBox(Prompt:="This File includes changes " _
    & "which have not been saved. Do you " _
    & "wish to save these changes?", _
    Buttons:=vbYesNo + vbCritical, _
    Title:="To Save Or Not To Save?")
    End If

    Workbooks("Cartella1.xls").Close Savechanges:=res = vbYes

    Application.DisplayAlerts = True

    End Sub
    '<<=============

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Change the default respond in method DIsplayAlert

    Hi Raizwai,

    I donot believe that you can cahange the defaul alert messages, but see your
    earlier thread fot a possible solution.

    ---

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Change the default respond in method DIsplayAlert

    Hi Raizwai,

    > but see your earlier thread fot a possible solution.

    Apologies, my error - please ignore!

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

  5. #5

    Re: Change the default respond in method DIsplayAlert

    Hi Norman,

    Oh, sad to hear that, but thanks anyway^_^