How do I set up a spread sheet that will add my hours work in h:mm

  1. #1
    Johnnyboy7444
    Guest

    How do I set up a spread sheet that will add my hours work in h:mm

    I want to create a spread sheet that will take the hours i worked in h:mm and
    add them together to get how many hours total for the week then i want it to
    multiply it by by my hourly rate??? Is this possibly?

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a spread sheet that will add my hours work in h:mm

    Johnnyboy

    Sure

    set up your start and finish times in two columns (B2:C8) and in D2 enter

    =C2-B2

    and copy that down to D8. This gives you a daily total

    In C9 enter Total and in D9 enter

    =SUM(D2:D8)

    format this cell via Format>Cells...>Number>Custom and enter [hh]:mm. This
    gives you the total for the week

    Now in C10 enter 'hourly rate' and in D10 enter the hourly rate value.

    Now in C11 enter total pay and in D11 enter the formula

    =(D9*24)*D10

    I hope I got all this right. as I don't have Excel on this machine to test

    It does not work for hours which go over midnight. It can be adapted, but
    doen't in it's current form

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a spread sheet that will add my hours work in h:mm

    fairly easy

    set up a column for start time (A1 for example), stop time (B1 ), worked (C1)
    pay(D1)

    enter 8:30 for 8:30 am in A
    enter 16:40 for 4:40pm in B
    enter B2-A2 in C2 form the cells in this columns h:ss
    then in D2, multiply C2 by your rate 10 (for $100/hr) * 24 to get the correct
    rate , =C2*10*24 and format it as a number or currency

    --

    Gary