Elapsed Time in Hours, Minutes and Seconds

  1. #1

    Elapsed Time in Hours, Minutes and Seconds

    Hello all,

    I have two groups of data that consist of date (MM/DD/YYYY), time
    (HH:MM:SS), and serial number. The first group is represents the date
    and time that the serial number started production and the second group
    represents when the serial number exited production. This data is
    constantly recording, so it is a certainty that some data will enter
    production on one date and finish on another. I need to come up with a
    macro that will compare the two tables and show all of the serial
    numbers that are common between the two tables and the elapsed time
    between start of production and end of production. Any serial numbers
    that aren't common should be ignored.

    I have been playing around with vlookups, and I can get the elapsed
    time, as long as both entries are on the same date. I can't figure out
    how to get the date part to work, and I am sure that someone here will
    have a better way of accomplishing this task.

    Thanks in advance!
    Tim

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Elapsed Time in Hours, Minutes and Seconds

    You can give this a look...

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm
    --
    HTH...