Solver (and other parts of VBA) dysfunctional in Excel 2003 SP1

  1. #1
    aaarrrgghhh
    Guest

    Solver (and other parts of VBA) dysfunctional in Excel 2003 SP1

    Ive been using Solver called from VBA routines for some years (ever since VBA
    first appeared from heaven in 1998) for graduate teaching.

    Now the former programmes (which all worked in Office 2003 fine) have become
    unstable and my class of students has spent a whole day trying to get things
    to run, but to no avail. The problem appears on all our machines (about 10 of
    them) running Windows XP and Office XP (all using the latest versions,
    updates and 'service packs'). Formerly all this worked fine, but now we are
    all at sea!

    We have also encountered a number of other dysfunctional issues with VBA in
    this latest release. Is this a known problem and when will it be corrected?

    --
    tjp

  2. #2
    Rob van Gelder
    Guest

    Re: Solver (and other parts of VBA) dysfunctional in Excel 2003 SP1

    Could you please reply with details on how to reproduce the problem(s)
    you're having?

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Solver (and other parts of VBA) dysfunctional in Excel 2003 SP1

    Is VBA installed? I believe it is not installed by default in Office XP.
    It is hard to tell from your description if you code does not run at all or
    it runs but is problematic.

    If you have a french version, the vba functions were not installed until
    SR2.

    Tom Ogilvy