We're Talking Basic (I think)

  1. #1

    Unhappy We're Talking Basic (I think)

    I am creating a price list. BIG. I want to be able to go into
    the price list and apply a percentage increase throughout every
    cell that has a dollar value. Change the prices by the percent desired, drag and drop into a layout, print and send to customers.

    I have no Excel experience to speak of and no "User handbook").

    What say? Anyone who can help?

    Thank you.

    GW

  2. #2

    Whoops, Posted too Soon?

    I am just searching through posts and there are alot of people in my shoes. Hopefully I can get what I need from previous posts.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: We're Talking Basic (I think)

    Assuming you want all prices raised by 10%

    Enter 1.1 in an unused cell.

    Copy that cell. Select all the other cells with prices.

    Edit>Paste Special>Multiply>OK>Esc.

    Delete cell with the 1.1

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP