simple lookup

  1. #1

    simple lookup

    Hello,

    I'm trying to do a simple Vlookup that will return the number or return "not found" if not found. So if it's nan it will return "not found".
    I can't seem to get my if statement correct

    Many thanks

  2. #2
    Gizmo63
    Guest

    RE: simple lookup

    Hi,

    If a lookup is not found you will get a #N/A error value, you need to test
    the lookup for an error then define the answer in case of an error.

    Assuming your basic lookup is fine you need:

    =IF(ISNA([your lookup formula]),"Not Found",[your lookup formula])

    HTH

    Giz

  3. #3
    Bondi
    Guest

    Re: simple lookup

    Hi Max

    =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP()),"Not Found",VLOOKUP())

    Regards,
    Bondi

  4. #4
    Many thanks to both replies