Can one cell hold multiple check boxes (and then sort based off e.

  1. #1
    OT
    Guest

    Can one cell hold multiple check boxes (and then sort based off e.

    I am hoping to create a log with the following Columns:

    Title
    Log Number
    Type

    Under the "Type" Column header, I was hoping to have a number of options. I
    would like to do this project in excel. Is it possible to have a number of
    check boxes within one cell? Also, is it possible to sort, based on these
    check boxes?
    Any help or suggestions is much appreciated!

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Can one cell hold multiple check boxes (and then sort based off e.

    Hi ....,
    Use separate cells, if you want them to appear grouped then
    use borders to encompass several cells. the borders should
    be consistent in a column because borders will not move with the
    sorted cell.
    Sorting, Some notes on sorting in Excel
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm
    Gridlines and borders
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/gridline.htm

    Please use your first and last name in newsgroups, particular technical newsgroups.
    ---
    HTH,