IF statement not working

  1. #1
    TJAC
    Guest

    IF statement not working

    This is a formula I have in my Excel spreadsheet that is not working correctly.

    =IF(AND("12/1/05"<L2,L2<="2/28/06"),J2,0)

    This formula works correctly with numbers, but not with dates. I have the
    L2 cell format as a date. This formula will return 0 when the date in L2 is
    12/20/05 for example.

    If someone could help me with this formula I would really appreciate it.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: IF statement not working

    First, the display formatting of L2 has nothing to do with the value
    stored in it, so changing its number format won't affect the formula
    (other than using Text).

    one way:

    =IF(AND(L2>DATE(2005,12,1), L2<=DATE(2006,2,28)),J2,0)

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: IF statement not working

    I would recommend you use the values in Helper Cells instead of hard coding
    your dates into the formula...........this would make for easier changing
    them later.

    =IF(AND(L1<L2,L2<=L3),J2,0)

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3