Currency Formatting.

  1. #1
    John Smith
    Guest

    Currency Formatting.

    I have formatted number ( say 53.345 ) to currency format with $ symbol and
    2 decimals. When I do this, I don't see any change in the display. But when I
    place my cursor in the cell and press return, then the format changes to
    currency. Please note that the data is coming from Query thru ODBC
    connection to SYBASE. Thx.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Currency Formatting.

    That is because the data is importing as text, which doesn't format, and
    only gets converted to a number, which does format, when you edit it.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Currency Formatting.

    Your data looks numerical but is text because of the infeed.

    Select an empty cell formatted to General and Edit>Copy.

    Select all your data and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc.

    Your data will be coerced to numbers.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    John Smith
    Guest

    Re: Currency Formatting.

    Thank You, Mr. Gord Dibben. Your solution has worked.