How do I change the width of an individual cell?

  1. #1
    Tabitha
    Guest

    How do I change the width of an individual cell?

    I am trying to adjust the width of an individual cell and all I am able to do
    is adjust the width of the entire column. Any suggestions?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Ola Sigurdh
    Guest

    Re: How do I change the width of an individual cell?

    That is all you can do.

    Ola

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: How do I change the width of an individual cell?

    You can select two or more cells and merge them (Format>Cells, Alignment
    tab)
    However, this can cause some problems when sorting, or copying and
    pasting, so you may want to avoid merging.

    You could also put a border around a group of cells, so it looks like
    one large cell when printed.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  4. #4
    bigwheel
    Guest

    RE: How do I change the width of an individual cell?

    That's the way it works. A cell is defined as being the intersection of a
    row and a column and it's dimensions are set by them