Page display is abnormal

  1. #1
    Arden
    Guest

    Page display is abnormal

    I have a workbook that is only about 1/2 screen size, vertical and
    horizontal. It does not have the 3 buttons at the top right corner for
    minimize, enlarge/reduce and close. I can only get to the worksheet tabs
    when I select View - Full Screen. I also cannot get to the left/right page
    shift bar at the bottom unless I am in Full Screen mode. When placing the
    cursor at the edges, it does not change to the double arrow which would allow
    the page to be pulled out (enlarged). What could be the problem and/or
    resolution to get this to be a normal workbook page with the options replaced
    that are normally there?
    --
    ALH

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Page display is abnormal

    Try this, Arden: Open the workbook. Hit Window-->Arrange, and then just hit
    OK. Then double-click the blue bar at the top of the column letters to get
    it back to "normal" Excel view.
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Arden
    Guest

    Re: Page display is abnormal

    Thanks, Anne. However that didn't clear the problem. As you said I did
    Window-->Arrange. Then there are 4 options. I tried using all 4 at various
    attempts and also checked and unchecked the Bottom Item regarding the
    Workbook. After clicking on OK each time, I double-clicked on the solid blue
    bar above the letters that has the file name to the left within it. I got no
    results. When double-clicking on that bar I attempted to move the entire
    worksheet, but had no success there either. In the past I had also tried
    saving this info to a new file, but it opens with the new named file with the
    identical problem. Other Excel files seem to open in the normal window mode.
    I don't know what else I could tell you that might give you a clue as to
    what is wrong.

    Thanks again for your help
    --
    ALH

  4. #4

    Re: Page display is abnormal

    It sounds like your workbook is protected.

    Try tools|protection|unprotect workbook
    (you may need to provide the password)