Making a auto date entered into a cell permanent from a template

  1. #1
    Muncher
    Guest

    Making a auto date entered into a cell permanent from a template

    Hi
    I have a quotation template that I want to have the date automatically
    entered into a cell when the New file is opened. This will be the date the
    quotation is created. That is easy however what I require is when the file
    created from the template is saved and opened at a later date the date does
    not change from the origional date that was entered and can not be altered
    by the user. It is in a locked cell. Any one have any ideas

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: Making a auto date entered into a cell permanent from a template

    a little macro which copies =today and pastes as a value on top of itself
    based on a worksheet change or before save event?
    --
    paul
    remove nospam for email addy!

  3. #3
    Muncher
    Guest

    RE: Making a auto date entered into a cell permanent from a templa

    Thanks Paul,
    I have tried this earlier but how do you do this when the cell is
    protected/locked
    and if it is based on a save macro wont it update each time you save the
    file thus changing the date.