Need formula to cal percentage of 2 numbers

  1. #1
    mike b
    Guest

    Need formula to cal percentage of 2 numbers

    Hi,

    I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the
    percentage in the third column.

    ex C4 compared to B4 put in cloumn D4 as a percentage,

    New to excel and need to know how to put the formula in the cell too?
    thanks for hel p in advance
    --
    Mike B

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Need formula to cal percentage of 2 numbers

    =C4/B4 and format as percentage

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    papou
    Guest

    Re: Need formula to cal percentage of 2 numbers

    Hi Mike
    In D4 type:
    =(C4-B4)/B4
    and format your cell as percentage

    HTH
    Cordially
    Pascal

    [email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gordon

    mike b wrote:
    || Hi,
    || I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me
    || the percentage in the third column.
    || ex C4 compared to B4 put in cloumn D4 as a percentage,
    || New to excel and need to know how to put the formula in the cell too?
    || thanks for hel p in advance
    || --
    || Mike B

    Suggest you get down to your local book store and buy "Excel for Dummies"

    --
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk