Suppressing information messages during macro running

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    John Gilchrist
    Guest

    Suppressing information messages during macro running

    While running a macro, I encounter the following two messages.

    info - There is a large amount of nformation on the clipboard. Do you want
    to be able to paste ...... (I answer YES)

    !!! Data on the clipboard is not the same size and shape ........(I click
    OK)

    Is there anyway to suppress these messages, and continue on as if I had
    answered YES and OK.

    Thanks,
    John G

  2. #2

    Re: Suppressing information messages during macro running

    You get that first message when you close a workbook after you copied a range?

    If yes:

    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Workbooks("yourworkbook.xls").Close savechanges:=False
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True

    If you want to just not get the message (and remove it from the clipboard):
    Application.cutcopymode = false

    ===
    For the second question, I think I'd be more careful when pasting.

    I copy any size range, but I paste to the topleftcorner of the receiving range
    (Not multiple cells).