How do I check the conditions of 2 fields to return a result

  1. #1
    Jimbob
    Guest

    How do I check the conditions of 2 fields to return a result

    I am using conditional formatting in excel to highlight dates in a
    spreadsheet column that are 28 days old from the current date.

    I am usning the formula =A1+28<=Today() which works fine.

    I now want to be able to check the condition of a second field before the
    first date field is highlighted as overdue.

    ie if cell A1 date is greater than or equal to 28 days and cell B1 is empty
    then highlight cell A1

    Any ideas anyone?

  2. #2
    SJ McAbney
    Guest

    RE: How do I check the conditions of 2 fields to return a result

    Use the AND() function in your Conditional Formatting expression.

  3. #3
    Jimbobn
    Guest

    RE: How do I check the conditions of 2 fields to return a result

    My apologies I am somewhat of a novice to excel formulas

    Would I therefore add the And funtion on the end of the date funtion ie:

    Condition1

    Formula is =A1+28<=Today() AND =B1=Null()

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I check the conditions of 2 fields to return a result

    =AND(B1="",A1+28<=TODAY())

    or maybe

    =AND(LEN(B1)=0,A1+28<=TODAY())

    RP