Thanks Bernie. One follow up:

This works fine but only when both documents are open (as you mentioned). I
can't seem to figure out how to make it work for when the first document is
still closed. To the end users - they will not even know of the existence
of the first source file.

Once upon a time (8+ years ago at another company), I did this by entering a
single formula in cell A1 of the destination file and it automatically
updated when the file opened. I can't remember what I did and can't find any
reference to it so I don't know if I was dreaming or if the support for this
was taken away years ago.

Anyway - Thanks again for the response. Any help on getting this to happen
with the first doc still closed would be great.

--
Glenn

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Glenn,
>
> Open both the workbooks, and run this little macro:
>
> Sub Glenn()
> Workbooks("File1.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells.Copy _
> Workbooks("File2.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells
> End Sub
>
> This will, of course, remove any old data or formulas on Sheet1 of File2,
> but won't affect any formulas on other sheets of File1. Those formulas
> should probably be written to look at entire columns, to account for the
> variable lengths.
>
> HTH,
> Bernie
> MS Excel MVP
>
> "Glenn Mulno" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:%[email protected]...
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Apologies if this has been asked 1000 times already ...
> >
> > I have two Excel files
> > file1.xls
> > file2.xls
> >
> > File1 gets auto-generated each night and populated with the latest data.
> >
> > I wish to create several graphs that use all the data in file1.xls but

> can't
> > create in file1 as it gets rewritten each night.
> >
> > Several years ago I believe I did something where I entered a formula in
> > cell A1 of Sheet1 of file2.xls such that it pulled the entire contents

of
> > Sheet1 of file1.xls into sheet1 of file2.xls. However - I can not

figure
> > out how I did this years ago and all the references I have found looking
> > around seem to only talk about bringing over only a few cells. For

> example:
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...984241033.aspx
> >
> > The full range of data in file1.xls is not consistent with each run so I

> can
> > not just hard code a specific range of cells. I just want to pull in

the