alternative to if statement

  1. #1
    Dan
    Guest

    alternative to if statement

    I need to use more than seven arguments in an if statement. What
    alternatives do I have? There is no way I can limit my criteria to less than
    seven variables. Please advise.

  2. #2
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: alternative to if statement

    You can construct them in VBA,.

  3. #3
    Beege
    Guest

    Re: alternative to if statement

    Dan,

    Look at =CHOOSE()
    or =LOOKUP()

    Beege

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    PCLIVE
    Guest

    Re: alternative to if statement

    Depending on what you're actually doing, you may be able to use some sort of
    Lookup table. You also may be able to use the OR function. But once again,
    it depends on exactly what you're doing with your IF statements.

  5. #5
    Niek Otten

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/nested.htm

    --