how do i count the number of times criteria appears in a worksheet

  1. #1
    MarkWatson
    Guest

    how do i count the number of times criteria appears in a worksheet

    what formula should i use when i have to count the number of times a cell
    criteria appears on a spreadsheet, only when another criteria is present.
    ie if "1407" appears in cells L3:L450, only count each of those cells if
    "1201" appears in column B for the same row

  2. #2
    Greg Wilson
    Guest

    RE: how do i count the number of times criteria appears in a worksheet

    Try:

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(L3:L450 = 1407),--(B3:B450 = 1201))

    Regards,
    Greg

  3. #3
    MarkWatson
    Guest

    RE: how do i count the number of times criteria appears in a works

    Thank you greg, now we can count how many carpenters (1201's) are listed on
    company timesheets that work on job Epping Plaza (1407)

    much appreciated