  1. #1
    izzo

    i am trying to make a search on excel that will show a certain amount of
    cells with a minimum value. instead of going row by row and select the cells
    that have at least the amount i am looking for, can i use a function that
    will help me do it faster and more efficiently?
    i wouldn't mind search row by row but considering how big my spreadsheet is,
    it will take me hours to find what i'm looking for. can anyone help me?
    Your help will be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Die_Another_Day
    Guest

    Re: advanced search

    Are you looking for something like the "Small" Function that returns
    the Nth smallest number?
    =Small(A1:A10,2)
    Second Smallest number in A1 to A10

    Die_Another_Day

  3. #3
    izzo
    Guest

    Re: advanced search

    no actually what i'm looking for is to find in a specific column (of about
    5000 rows) all the cells that contain the minimum value of 2000 for example

  4. #4
    Die_Another_Day
    Guest

    Re: advanced search

    How about AutoFilter?

    Selection.AutoFilter
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=ColumnNumerHere, Criteria1:=">2000"

    Die_Another_Day