How do I reformat my database from all uppercase to proper?

  1. #1
    Princey
    Guest

    How do I reformat my database from all uppercase to proper?

    I have downloaded a list of names and it is in all uppercase. I'm sure that
    it can be converted in excel to PROPER, but I have tried and tried and cannot
    make it happen. Anybody help me?

    Thanks,

    Princey

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: How do I reformat my database from all uppercase to proper?

    Princey

    Use a helper column and enter the function

    =PROPER(A1)

    and copy down as far as you need

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: How do I reformat my database from all uppercase to proper?

    =proper(a1)

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo