How do I use indirect when referring to a named range in a closed

  1. #1
    Ed Green
    Guest

    How do I use indirect when referring to a named range in a closed

    Hi I wonder if any body could help me with this question

  2. #2
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: How do I use indirect when referring to a named range in a closed

    Can't see all of your title message, but if youre trying to use INDIRECT to
    get a result from a closed workbook it doesnt work as far as I know, there
    are ways round it though, post more detail,
    Regards,
    Alan.
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: How do I use indirect when referring to a named range in a closed

    Not possible, you need VBA for that, Harlan Grove wrote a UDF called Pull and
    Laurent Longre has an add-in where the function is named
    INDIRECT.EXT

    ftp://members.aol.com/hrlngrv/
    Look for pull.zip

    Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc)
    http://xcell05.free.fr/

    the latter comes with help files

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

  4. #4
    Ed Green
    Guest

    Re: How do I use indirect when referring to a named range in a closed

    Hi Alan,

    Thanks fior replyinh

    I have a workbook which uses indirect to reference a named range in another
    workbook. There are quite a few named ranges in quite few closed workbook.
    Having them all open would stress the memory of the pc, si I was wondering if
    there was a straight forward way of referring to the ranges without getting
    #ref! in the cell.

    Ed