Formula Assistance (

  1. #1
    MarthaMartha
    Guest

    Formula Assistance (

    I want to put a formula into a cell that will accomplish the following:

    Entry for Cell A40, If cell I32 is $0 then populate (cell A40) with total in
    cell G32

    I was trying some varieties of ... =sum(ifI32<0:G32) Any advise would be
    greatly appreciated.
    Kind regards
    Martha

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Formula Assistance (

    =IF(I32=0,G32,"")

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    pdberger
    Guest

    RE: Formula Assistance (

    Martha --

    I'm not sure what you're trying to do with the 'sum' part of your formula.
    If I understand your objective, my formula in cell A40 would be:

    =if(I32=0,G32,"")

    The "" just means "if I32 <>0 then don't stick anything at all in there".
    Otherwise, the formula will return a FALSE value.

    HTH

    Peter