Moving a Selection of data???

  1. #1
    Lime
    Guest

    Moving a Selection of data???

    Hello,
    Here is my set up. I have a sheet of data about 35,000 lines in in cloumn
    "J" I would like to search for the text "Jump" in the entire column and when
    I find it I want to copy that whole row of data along with the Heading &
    format of the data sheet to a new sheet and name the sheet "Cause" and then
    delete those rows from the data sheet.

    Thanks,
    Lime

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Moving a Selection of data???

    Try using AutoFilter and do a search on column J for "contains" Jump. You
    can copy/paste and delete what you want.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Lime
    Guest

    Re: Moving a Selection of data???

    Thanks... But I need a Macro. I posted in the wrong forum.

    Lime

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Moving a Selection of data???

    Record a macro while you are doing as suggested....

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...