Return Single Row of Numeric Data to Single Column

  1. #1
    Sam via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Return Single Row of Numeric Data to Single Column

    Hi All,

    I have a Row of numeric data ( in individual columns) that I would like
    returned to individual cells in a single column.

    My data starts in Column C Row 13 to Column DV Row 13. However, every other
    Column in the Row of data is blank. Is it possible to return the data
    excluding the blank columns, so there are no blank cells when the data is
    returned to a single column?

    Sample Data Layout:
    C13 BLANK, D13 70, E13 BLANK, F13 45, G13 BLANK, H13 50, I13 BLANK, J13 63,
    K13 BLANK etc.

    Thanks
    Sam

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Return Single Row of Numeric Data to Single Column

    Hi!

    Try this:

    =INDEX(C$13:DV$13,ROWS($1:1)*2)

    Copy down as needed.

    Biff

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Return Single Row of Numeric Data to Single Column

    Select row 13.

    F5>Special>Blanks>OK

    Edit>Delete>Entire Columns or Shift Cells Left, your choice depending upon
    what's in other columns/rows that you may not want deleted.

    Re-select the row and Copy.

    Select a cell in column A below your data and Paste Specail>Transpose>OK>Esc.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Sam via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Return Single Row of Numeric Data to Single Column

    Hi Biff,

    That was brilliant, thank you.

    >=INDEX(C$13:DV$13,ROWS($1:1)*2)
    >
    >Copy down as needed.

    Cheers,
    Sam

  5. #5
    Sam via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Return Single Row of Numeric Data to Single Column

    Hi Gord,

    Thank you for reply and insight using F5:

    >F5>Special>Blanks>OK
    >Edit>Delete>Entire Columns or Shift Cells Left, your choice depending upon
    >what's in other columns/rows that you may not want deleted.
    >
    >Re-select the row and Copy.
    >
    >Select a cell in column A below your data and Paste Specail>Transpose>OK>Esc.

    I'm sure the above will be of use to me. However, I've used Biff's nifty
    solution and I also avoid deleting any columns.

    Cheers,
    Sam