Mileage calculator in EXCEL

  1. #1
    Wes Lucas
    Guest

    Mileage calculator in EXCEL

    Does anyone know of a plugin to compute mileage between two points in EXCEL
    2002? I do audits and must travel to many different sites. I'd like to use
    a spreadsheet to keep up with expenses including mileage between office and
    the audit sites. I've looked at Mapquest, but didn't see anything that
    looked promising.

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    --
    23233-1434

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Mileage calculator in EXCEL

    check out:

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...884621033.aspx
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Richard Buttrey
    Guest

    Re: Mileage calculator in EXCEL

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:28:01 -0800, Wes Lucas
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Does anyone know of a plugin to compute mileage between two points in EXCEL
    >2002? I do audits and must travel to many different sites. I'd like to use
    >a spreadsheet to keep up with expenses including mileage between office and
    >the audit sites. I've looked at Mapquest, but didn't see anything that
    >looked promising.
    >
    >Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    How are your two points defined? Latitude/Longitude or some other grid
    system?

    Rgds
    Richard Buttrey
    __

  4. #4
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Mileage calculator in EXCEL

    MapPoint can calculate street mileage between two points, and can
    be automated from Excel. If you need just the great circle
    distance ("as the crow flies"), and your locations are latitude
    and longitude data, you can use the formulas found on
    www.cpearson.com/excel/latlong.htm to calculate the distance.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson