removing unnecessary spaces from multiple cells

  1. #1
    sflady
    Guest

    removing unnecessary spaces from multiple cells

    I have many cells where the numbers have a space or two after each one. I am
    not able to format them as numbers because of this and don't want to have to
    remove them manually. I have tried the Replace with but don't know how to
    have it remove spaces. It says I must have a value.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: removing unnecessary spaces from multiple cells

    If the "numbers" are all in 1 col,
    think we could give Data > Text to Columns a try

    Select the col of "numbers"
    Click Data > Text to Columns
    Click Finish
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: removing unnecessary spaces from multiple cells

    In a helper column, =value(trim(a1)). The trim deletes spaces on either end
    and the value converts it back to a number. Autofill, then copy / paste
    special values to fix the results, then delete the original column.