How do I search for duplicate words in a column?

  1. #1
    Manish Bajpai
    Guest

    RE: How do I search for duplicate words in a column?

    Copy that column into a new worksheet...I don't want you to mess up your
    exisiting sheet.

    Then, simply create a Pivot with the data of that single column. You will
    have to fist take it on rows and thewn again drag into data box as Count.

    That's it.

    Thanks,

    Manish Bajpai

  2. #2
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    RE: How do I search for duplicate words in a column?

    Without using pivot tables:

    Assume your values are in the range A1:A10, paste this code in A1 and drag
    down:

    =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10,A1)>1,"dup","nodup")

    --
    David Billigmeier

  3. #3
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    RE: How do I search for duplicate words in a column?

    Sorry... I see a typo, paste that code in B1 :-)

    --
    David Billigmeier

  4. #4
    Manish Bajpai
    Guest

    RE: How do I search for duplicate words in a column?

    David,

    You are simply great !!

    Nice to brainstorm with you.

    Thanks,

    Manish

  5. #5
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    RE: How do I search for duplicate words in a column?

    Definitelly, nice to have met a fellow Excel fanatic!

    Regards,
    Dave

    --
    David Billigmeier