Out of Ideas, need help with Auto Fill-able to create a document

  1. #1
    acctexecutive
    Guest

    Out of Ideas, need help with Auto Fill-able to create a document

    I work in the sales department for a computer software company and I'm
    building a Territory Pipeline Tool. Currently we have 4 Inside reps that
    support 9 Outside reps. That Inside team is designed to fill out a Lead
    Sheet and pass it to the Outside rep. So I have one Workbook for each of the
    9 reps and each book contains 20 tabs labled Lead1, Lead2...etc. When the
    lead is passed to the rep all the information on that sheet is automatically
    linked to the Inside Reps Territory Pipeline Tool.

    I was able to create a document which fills in the proper fields and
    everything calculates just fine. What I'm looking to do is have the formula
    listed below autofill down the master sheet and increase by Lead1,
    Lead2..etc. I know I can do it by cell when I remove the $ around the F and
    4. I've also tried formulas with Indirect and Index, but I could not get
    them to work.

    =IF('C:\Documents and Settings\cbass\Desktop\[Denise Cothern_Dealer Profile
    Sheet.xls]Lead1'!$F$4="", "", 'C:\Documents and
    Settings\cbass\Desktop\[Denise Cothern_Dealer Profile Sheet.xls]Lead1'!$F$4)

    Please help me out, I'm at a loss!

  2. #2
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    re: Out of Ideas, need help with Auto Fill-able to create a document

    Try this:

    =IF(INDIRECT("Lead"&ROW(A1)&"!F4")="","",INDIRECT("Lead"&ROW(A1)&"!F4"))
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    acctexecutive
    Guest

    re: Out of Ideas, need help with Auto Fill-able to create a document

    Since I am working with separate workbooks [Denise Cothern_Dealer Profile
    Sheet.xls] is a detailed view of the Account/Lead and then I have a Master
    Pipeline Tool that I am writing this Formula on. Also, the Cell I'm starting
    in is A25 and it's merged with A26, A27 and A28, does that make any
    difference?

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    RagDyer
    Guest

    re: Out of Ideas, need help with Auto Fill-able to create a document

    This formula will *not* work with merged cells, since the row reference sets
    the sheet reference, and copying down within merged cells will "skip" the
    intended consecutive references.

    Also, Indirect will *not* work on closed WBs.

    Don't know what a "Master Pipeline Tool" is.

    See if this link can help with referencing closed WBs.

    http://tinyurl.com/2c62u