Modified Box and Whisker

  1. #1
    Rianne
    Guest

    Modified Box and Whisker

    I'm trying to show a LOT of information in as little room as possible. I've
    tried to modify a box and whisker chart, but somehow can't get it to work to
    my specs.

    I'd like to have a Horizontal B&W (solid line with a "foot" on each end),
    with labels on each end indicating Min and Max, as well as TWO data points on
    each bar indicating average score and actual score. I've gotten everything
    except the data points. I can't change an error bar (this chart will be
    printed in Black and white so the data points have to be different shapes,
    not just colours) I've tried to modify a bar chart, but I'm not sure where
    to go...

    Please help!

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Modified Box and Whisker

    Rianne -

    Use the technique on this page to add XY series to your bar-oriented
    box-whisker chart:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BarLineCombo.html

    Essentially you have to add the data as XY series, and plan the Y values so
    the points are aligned with the bars.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...