setting defaults for data point size, color, shadow, etc.

  1. #1

    setting defaults for data point size, color, shadow, etc.

    I make a lot of Excel XY (Scatter) charts. Every time, the charts get created with the same set of colors, sizes, and shadowing of the markers (the dots in the plot), and it happens that I don't like these colors, sizes, and shadowings. So each time I make a plot, I go through and change these things to settings that I like. Is there a way for me to reset the default settings so that these charts are automatically made with the settings that I like?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: setting defaults for data point size, color, shadow, etc.

    Make chart as needed and select it (click on it)
    Use command Chart | Chart Type
    Select Custom tab and then User-Defined
    Click Add ... the rest is self-evident
    best wishes

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thank you so much. You've just saved me a ton of time!

    Best wishes,

    Eric

  4. #4
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: setting defaults for data point size, color, shadow, etc.

    You most welcome!