combine rows into one cell separated by comma

  1. #1
    Miki Jo
    Guest

    combine rows into one cell separated by comma

    Need to combine 100 email addesses in separate rows (in Excel) into one cell,
    separated by comma, so I can do mass mail. Formula I'm trying won't work.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: combine rows into one cell separated by comma

    hi Miki Jo

    You can use code or a function like this to do it
    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/multicat.html

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: combine rows into one cell separated by comma

    Miki

    Function ConCatRange(CellBlock As Range) As String
    Dim cell As Range
    Dim sbuf As String
    For Each cell In CellBlock
    If Len(cell.text) > 0 Then sbuf = sbuf & cell.text & ","
    Next
    ConCatRange = Left(sbuf, Len(sbuf) - 1)
    End Function

    usage would be =ConCatRange(A1:A100)